The holiday season is the biggest money maker for most craft artists. Now is the time to start thinking about all the things you've been meaning to do to get your business ready for the next level. We've orchestrated a day to get things done that will polish established businesses and prepare recent start ups!
***SPECIAL FOR UNANIMOUS CRAFT: $25 with code NXTLVL25 ***
FIVE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO BE AT THIS EVENT
- YOUR PICTURES NEED TO BE AWESOME: Like it or not you will be judged on your looks in this industry. If what your showing people doesn't look professional and well-done, it will look like you are not serious about your business. You might also be asked for photos of your product or yourself for blogs or magazines, but if you are sending them bad lighting and weird angles, they may not want to use you at all.
- YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED WHEN BUYERS APPROACH YOU: Buyers know that shows are a great place to find new merchandise for their shops. Are you prepared to have a discussion about wholesale? Do you have anything to show them? Know your prices? You'd be surprised and how much information you'll need to produce to close that deal
- YOUR BOOTH SHOULD BE MEMORABLE: If someone wants to come back to your booth or go to your website later, but you have no sign or have such an unmemorable set up you are indistinguishable it makes it very hard to gain and retain customers.
- YOUR MERCHANDISE SHOULD INSTANTLY MAKE SENSE: When people walk by your booth it should be obvious what your product is and why they need to have it. They don't have a lot of time and will quickly move on if you haven't captured their interest.
- YOU NEED TO TAKE A STEP BACK: If you've been doing shows for a bit now and feel like you've "got it down," now is the time to take a step back and see what you can do to refresh. Best way to do this is with some feedback from experts and your peers!
We can't stress enough, this workshop will do things for your business! The cost is extremely budget friendly and photography alone is typically more than the price of this workshop.
- Head shots by portrait photographer Jonathan Ventura of Anon-y-Mouse
- Product photography (you will be limited on item size) with Rainbeau Tharp
- Learn wholesale best practices from Katie Hunt of Tradeshow Bootcamp
- Display and Merchandising Tips with CJ Sandgren, stylist, designer and award-winning lead Visual Merchant for West Elm
- Lunchtime panel with the people who curate your products for shows and stores, including Delilah Snell of Patchwork Show/Craftcation, licensing consultant Zak Graff of Ensemble ZKG and creative business consultant and art show founder Dave Conrey of Fresh Rag and Fresh Jam.
- Resource packet that include tip sheets from experts on how to tighten up your business
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Happy hour networking with cocktails!
Earlybird non-member (paid by/on October 1) $250
Non-member (after October 1) $275
Member $225 (it totally pays to be a member!)
Classes only/ no photography (includes lunch, the lunchtime panel and the cocktail hour) $100
NOTE: It is recommended that you purchase your ticket prior to the event. Space is limited and we cannot guarantee availability for walk-ins.