The Makery is a craft studio specializing in classes that are fun, engaging and well-suited to the needs of new and seasoned crafters. We also have an ever-expanding selection of crafting supplies and materials.
If a shop owner approached you at your next craft show and asked, “Do you sell your work wholesale?” would you like to be able to say “Yes” with confidence?
As you may know, shop owners shop at craft shows all the time -- but they are often hesitant to ask an artist if they wholesale their work since many craft makers aren’t quite ready to sell to shops. If you are looking to grow your business toward more wholesale sales while continuing to show at craft fairs, you won't want to miss out on this workshop!
In this two hour workshop, Marlo M. and Andrea Porter of HandmadeHappyHourSeattle.com will share their secrets for selling to wholesale buyers and shop owners at your next craft show.
Topics covered will include:
- Readying your business to combine wholesale and retail sales
- Preparing a simple product line sheet for wholesale sales
- Encouraging buyers to attend your retail show
- Attracting wholesale buyers to your booth
- Talking with wholesale buyers during a busy show
- Preparing a production calendar to handle wholesale order fulfillment
- Following up and closing the sale with wholesale buyers after the show
$40 or $60 for combination with Creating More Sales at Craft Shows
Craftcation is a three day indie business & diy workshop conference. It’s a retreat to inspire, network and build upon the independent craft business community. Our objective is to ignite the entrepenurerial business spirit, strengthen skills and abilities of both seasoned business owners and newcomers to indie craft business. This is an opportunity to network, communicate and share with your peers.
Incorporating both business and fun, Craftcation features industry professionals leading attendees in diy and indie business workshops, panel discussions and q & a sessions. events and topics include:
- indie business: how to start a crafty business, maximizing social media, blogging, in’s & out’s of indie craft shows, etsy, wholesaling, merchandising, accounting, legal issues, branding, website design and more.
- diy workshops: screenprinting, sewing, canning & preserving, cheesemaking, needle arts, terrariums & edible gardens, organic bath products, jewelry and more.
- community: meet & greets, pop-up shops, yoga, bbq & cocktail socials and so much more!